Thursday, March 26, 2009

The domestic goddess is...

velo-dude. Last month it was the dinosaur cookies for Curly's birthday. This month it's the spaceship cake for the Cub Scout cake decorating contest. The boys designed it and decorated it once it was frosted, but hats off to velo-dude for taking the design and cutting the cake out in the perfect shape, and then frosting cut cake without making a huge crumby mess of it (which I would most certainly have done). Velo-dude has a much better story to tell of said cake making activity (if you don't care to hear about a bicycle training race, scroll down through the first part of this entry).

So, speaking of linking to the hubby's site, I have pretty much abandoned hope of anonymity with this blog, even though I'll continue to go through the motions. Velo-dude doesn't see any need for anonymity, and has mentioned me by name in his blog. I've told him not to do that, so he no longer does, but then he posts a picture with me in it. (head hits wall) Oh, but he did make the effort to start referring to me as something other than my real name. And the term of endearment he chose? "The wifely one". Huh? I can't put my finger on it, but I don't like it. Maybe it sounds matronly to me.

Finally, here's the only good thing about having a fever earlier this week (well, other than missing a day of work, but since I spent it in bed, it wasn't all that great). One of my many fever-induced dreams involved me shooting a movie with Sean Connery. I was just my plain old self, but had happened to land a gig as his co-star in an action flick (ok peeps, quit yer laffin now!). What I remember of the dream was very brief, but I had the fever in my dream, while shooting the movie as well, and at one point he had to grab me in a scene, and do you know what he said? (think of your best Sean Connery impression here...) "You're hot". And he was referring to my fever. Of course. Although it took me a moment to figure that out. I woke up right after that happened, and as crappy as I felt, I smiled at the cornball humor of my dream.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Fucking cake. I love Tom's story.

And your dream is hilarious. But if truth be told, Sean Connery DOES think you're hot. (I didn't know he was your type!?)

My former SIL, who despite her many, many faults, was an EXCELLENT cake baker taught me two things about cake decorating. One, freeze the cake before you frost it. It's less crumbly that way. Two, put a really thin coat of frosting first to seal in the crumbs. (Like REALLY thin.) Then you can glop on the thick yummy coat.

Rowan said...

1. Greatest. Dream. Ever.
2. Will try freezing cake , because my cakes always have crumbles in the frosting
3. when I read him use "wifely" I about feel off my chair laughing. I knew that was not going to go over well.

(Damn, you don't have any word verification to play with either.)

Rowan said...

feel? fell. I fell off my chair. I might have felt it too, but that is not the point.

Rowan said...

Sorry it takes me 12 years to respond these days. I am a tad sluggish these days.

Rowan said...

okay, I am done now.