Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'll be getting wet

Headed for a canoe trip this weekend. With Pinky and the Boy Scouts. (yes, scoutsuck has continued from cub to boy scouts). It's cool and rainy all week. I haven't been canoeing since high school at best. What in sam hell was I thinking? I asked 3 people separately if they thought I'd wind up in the water. All three said yes without hesitation. Then I find out I'm supposed to avoid going under the trees, because otherwise I'll end up with snakes in my canoe. Egads, can it get worse? Velodude gets to stay home with Curly. He might be disappointed that it will put a damper on his riding plans, but I'm sure he's got the better end of the deal.

I haven't written in ages. I wanted to write about Mexico, but time got away from me. I did love it. I want to go back. We all want to go back. Even velodude, whose fragile stomach didn't fare as well as the rest of ours while we were there.

Pinky wants a girlfriend. He has a crush. Today, said crush was quizzing him on who he likes right now. He called it "the worst thing ever". Then he wanted to borrow my cell phone to text her the answer tonight (he had told her he would). Ha! Not on my phone. We talked about the possible outcomes of this action, had I been the kind of mom to let him do it. The "no taking it back". The 2 possible outcomes. Was he ready for that? And, turns out he thinks he is not ready for that. Oh, the drama of 5th grade. I am just thankful that he comes home and talks about it.

That's all for now.

1 comment:

Dibs said...

Snakes? Ewwwww. You are a much braver mommy than I am.

That girlfriend story is the sweetest. That's seriously cool that he'll talk to you about stuff like that.